Saturday, October 12, 2013

a short walk

Today Geraldo, Jaydine and I went for a walk.  There wasn't much different to see, except the "rush hour" of the cows coming home and of course their beautiful faces and mugging for the camera.


The visitor's center (post office, public restrooms and 5 retail outlets) is still being constructed.  The article I read said it was dedicated in September 2012.  Turns out they must have meant groundbreaking.  Rumors are it might be finished in September 2013.



I was also invited to go to "Book Review Day" at the G K Wahl Combined School (grades k-10).
I wasn't sure what that meant but it turned out to be a kind of mid year Parent-teacher conference.  A chance for the parents to review the notebooks of their children and talk to the teachers.  Here is Josey (Joshua) and his first grade teacher.  I enjoyed meeting some of the teachers and seeing the work of the children but was concerned about the state of the classroom buildings and desks.  (Josey is standing behind his chair which has no back.) One of the parents told me they are the same desks and chairs from when she was going to school there.  I heard a German group has offered to donate some modular classrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment