Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Nice Little Rest Place

We got back to Windhoek very late.  Some delegates live in Windhoek, others have family there so they had a place to stay.  Moses and I needed accommodations, but had not made reservations- since we did not know what day we would be returning to Windhoek.
  
As we were traveling we had called fourteen places and found out there was no room in any inn!  That was because there was a UN convention with 3,000 delegates in Windhoek for a week.  Perseverance paid off and the 15th bed and breakfast had two rooms for one night.

I sure wish I could have stayed there longer but it was booked full for the next night.  It had six rooms on a small plot of land behind a wall- kind of a hidden mini oasis.  It was a little on the expensive side but was very nice and breakfast was good.  

Moses made another twenty calls the next morning and found another place with limited space but at least there was a place to stay until I could arrange transportation back to Kalkfeld. It was nice but I forgot to take pictures!







This wildlife was standing still and so was I so the pictures came out great!




No comments:

Post a Comment