Friday, November 1, 2013

School Time at GK Wahl Combined School

 I  have been walking the children (Chantel 16, William 12, Geraldo 9 and Sharifa 8) from the church property to GK Wahl Combined School. (30 minutes one way)  
Combined means it is both lower elementary and at least part of High school and in this case it is K-10.  The languages used for instruction are English and Afrikaans.
I have been walking with them every morning for safety.  It also gives me more time to enjoy their company (30 minutes there with them and 25 minutes back for me to recover some quiet!)  
I must say at 6:20 am I am not sure how much company I am!  But with the children there are always interesting conversations at any time!

I think I have posted pictures of the school before, but the light and dust make these interesting pictures.  And there are more children present in their uniforms.  
They gather outside to play a little and then stand in line in front of their classrooms (boys in one line, girls in the other) before the bell rings.


There was a gust of wind and it made for an interesting shadowing effect with a lot of dust.

Josey saw me and came over to have his picture taken.

Geraldo caught up with him. (Josey 7 on the left, Geraldo 9 on the right)

This is the wall of the office building.

Handsome guys.

And where one is getting their picture taken, soon a crowd forms.

If the bell hadn't rung I would have been there all day.  The boys posing in every which way they can think of and me enjoying their antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment