Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Tiny Field of Magic

In Garrett's and Helga's yard there is a small, carefully tended and watered patch of grass.  It is the only grass I have seen anywhere outside of Auntie Sylvie's yard in Windhoek.  They sometimes keep the gate locked so the stray goats and donkeys won't get in the yard to eat it.  But Rex ( I call him Rex the Wonder Dog- there is really nothing "wonder" about him but I imagine it makes him feel good), is also there guarding.
  
If you look closely you might be able to imagine what I saw as I walked past it one day to leave their house.


A whole flock of white butterflies lifted off all at once - like fairy magic dancing.


I couldn't get them to repeat it for the camera, but here is one starting flight while the others sip at the moisture.



Amazing in nature how even white- camouflaged can blend in with green and hardly be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment