Saturday, May 25, 2013

Trip to Durban Day 1


Monday May 13, 2013
I am on my way to visit Durban on the East coast of South Africa and see the ministries happening there.  I decided to take the bus so I can see the terrain and view on the way.  It is about an 8 hour trip and I took the luxury version of the Greyhound Bus line.  A double decker bus with comfortable seats that recline, movies along the way, and coffee service.  I didn't know Greyhound was even international (how did those skinny dogs swim all that way? :) and I didn't know they had a luxury version!

In contrast to the flat desert landscape on the way to Kuruman, South Africa and in Namibia, and the few smaller hills I saw leaving Botswana, there are mountains in the distance with desert trees in the foreground. 

And as the landscape starts to green and roll, there appears to be snow on those mountains!

No comments:

Post a Comment