Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Namibia Day 4 & 5

Friday April 19 and Saturday April 20

In Otjiwarango I stayed with a family that runs a guesthouse and since the guesthouse rooms were full they had me stay in the house with them.



They had two cute dogs- one black mix (Kimba) and one white poodle mix.  The poodle was too shy for the camera but the other one- well he thinks he is (and he is) adorable.  Kimba was my companion most of the day and reminded me of the wonderful place companion animal lives play in our lives.  (Missing Glorria and Alexander but knowing they are loving being home with Dan and Mary!)



It's the ears that make him irresistable- one in each direction.



PLEASE pick me up-  how can you resist me??

My lovely room.

On Saturday a deacon from the church came and drove me around Otjiwarango so I could see the town and we went to visit one of the older members and her family.  I saw the three grocery stores, the Catholic Center and the Lutheran Church, one of the schools, the hospital, a drilling company that was involved in finding a new gold mine nearby, and a butcher shop owned by a woman who lives in Kalkveld.

No comments:

Post a Comment