Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Catching up Part 13

A quote I meant to post from a friend of mine on her Facebook page on Valentine’s Day
“I am reminded that love is not just a feeling or a sentiment. It is a pattern of behavior that benefits the well-being of another. May my actions always build, encourage and benefit others -- all too often I fall short of that mark."  Thanks Tam!

February 15, 2013 Friday
Today I read and read and read.  I read through modules of the Leadership Academy and I did one of my favorite things I explored the library.  And I got books!  In the UCCSA library I found a book on the history of Namibia, African theology and African Christology.  I am in heaven with books!
February 16, 2013 Saturday
Today I went to my first Toastmaster’s meeting!  It was hosted here at the Guesthouse and I had nothing else to do at 8:30 am!  What a wonderful group and experience.  I have always been a little intimidated by the idea but this was really fun.  Two of the people giving the speeches were new and they did a fantastic job.  I would not have wanted to follow them.  And between them and the third person speaking there was much humor and enjoyment.  That led to spending the rest of the day trying to update my blog.  For those who don’t know I have just posted a bunch.  For those who do know you know I worked my fingers to the bone today (actually I waited on the computer to load the pictures a lot). I hope this is enjoyable for those reading it, worthwhile as a project, and that I am now going to get into a habit so I don’t have to spend an entire day getting caught up! (although it still may take a week to load all the pictures to date!)   Today ( Feb 19-Tuesday I am glad I am getting closer to being caught up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment