Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Otjiwarango for the last time

At least that is what I thought.  I was able to catch a ride with Norah to Otjiwarango to close my bank account.  It was a beautiful day and the town has some scenic places, especially the church (NG Kerk) right in the center of town with the blue skies around it.

 
This is the movie rental place in Otjiwarango.  It was not practical for me to rent movies living in Kalkfeld since I didn't know when I could get a ride.  But I was able to buy a couple of good ones.

  One I highly recommend made in Southern Africa is "Skin." 
It is based on the true story of a girl who was born to "white" parents during Apartheid- or so they were classified.  
The genes in the family resulted in her having dark skin the government classified her "coloured."
Her parents fought to have her reclassified "white."  
Before she married a "black" man she had to apply to be reclassified "black" so their marriage would be legal.
It is a good movie.


This is the lovely and very friendly proprietor.

We went over to Heino's mother's house where Heino had helped to lay a cement foundation for their newest acquisition. His nieces and nephews love it!



Norah and Heino's mother Lala.  We are waiting anxiously for news...

Heino's sister is making bush stew for the family.  The big wait is on... Desiree went into labor early this morning (Thursday) and Heino is running back and forth from the hospital taking things to Desiree all day more excited than anyone I have ever seen about anything.

I went to the hospital to visit her and four of her female cousins were there.  We prayed and I know she is in good hands between the cousins and Heino.  I am torn because being in Kalkfeld I will be 50 miles away and cannot be there with Heino and the man needs someone to hold his hand!!  Desiree on the other hand will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment