Monday, April 15, 2013

Back in Johannesburg

Tuesday April 2 to April 9
The last two weeks have gone by in a blur.  There are only a few pictures for this post and the next.  

I have no pictures for the biggest adventure, that actually started before I left for Botswana, and continued this week at the Home Affairs Department, where I went to file my visa application for South Africa.  Now you may ask, "Wait, I thought you were applying for a visa for Namibia?!"  Well, you would be right.  And I am waiting on their process to be completed.  But in the meantime, I need to extend my stay in South Africa.  USA citizens can visit many countries without a visa for 90 days in a calendar year and South Africa is one of them.  My 90 days may be used up before I hear about the visa for Namibia.  The process of applying involved three Home Affairs Department offices, six trips on four different days, and two sets of paperwork for two different types of visas.  Whew!  I am gaining experience that is expanding my compassion and empathy for people who go through the immigration process in any country.  Now I just need to wait on their process to be completed.

The other adventure for this week was visiting the South Africa Synod office for a worship service involving the staff of the Synod and the denomination.  I so appreciate seeing the different offices, but especially having time to meet and worship with the people in the various parts of the church.




Waiting in the conference room









 Great food for tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment