Sunday, March 17, 2013

Catching up Part 28


March 8, Friday

Amina, the bookstore manager preached today and it was very good.  She is a kind and gentle soul with a deep faith.  She stopped me to say goodbye and I made sure I got a picture with her.

Today the students were told they would be moving- all the women will move to the house I am in- when I vacate the room.  The third year men to Simon’s cottage, the first and second year men to the space the women are in in the White House.  Then the rest of the house will be filled with people from the mines.


Today was the last class.  Loreto presented on his experience as an Ecumenical Accompaniment partner in Israel and Palestine.  I asked them for words (peace, thank you, please, greeting) and gave them lollipops- to leave them with a "sweet taste in their mouths"- very popular.
 



In the evening the students cooked the meal and we were dancing afterwards.  They try to have a community cultural evening and share traditions.  They showed us some kids dances with songs and motions and I showed them the US traditional dance- the hokey pokey. We all laughed and had some fun.  They gave me a card everyone signed.














No comments:

Post a Comment