Sunday, March 17, 2013

Catching up Part 24


March 4, Monday
Chapel at 8 and then we had class today.  What an amazing group of students!  I showed them pictures of the World Parliament of Religions in Barcelona, Spain and they seemed to appreciate the interfaith experience.  I have a big job learning their names.  They are from four of the five countries of the United Congregational Church of South Africa, in years 1-3 of their studies.  I hope I got their names correct, blame it on the blonde/grey hair.

Leon (SA), Tsepo (SA), Lotes (Mozambique), Nteo (SA), and Siphilangenkosi (Pillar, Zimbabwe)

Lorato (SA), Sthobuhle (Buhle Zimbabwe), Emma (SA), Rolter (Zimbabwe) and Michael (SA)


Johanna (SA), Mighty (SA), Ivan (Botswana) and Matlhogonolo (Mat, Botswana)
These are pictures of the students in action- working together.
Johanna, Michael, Sboniso (SA)
Lorato, Rolter, Mat
Tspeo, Lotes, Pillar
Buhle and Nteo
Buhle, Nteo, Mighty
Ivan, Mat, Emma










We had a lunch break and I worked on pictures for tomorrow, then we went to work in the Mary Moffat Garden from 4-5:30 and boy it was hard and hot.  There are lots of weeds to pull and both sandy and rocky soil.  I wrote a funny "parable" about it.

Disciples were called to tend the garden.  A strange woman came late to help, but the disciples were not there.  Later, some disciples came, but sat talking, waiting for others to bring tools.  Other disciples soon came with tools, and some disciples began working, but others stood and talked.  As the sun beat down and the work was hot, some disciples began to complain.  They especially complained about the disciples who had not yet arrived to work.  When the latecomers arrived, the disciples teased them.  But some of them began working in earnest to catch up on their work.  Others leaned on their hoes and watched.  I ask you, who amongst these will inherit the kingdom, by that I mean be rewarded by eating the vegetables that are grown?! LOL

Afterwards we went to chapel and I felt like I was part of the community and that was very good for me.  Some of the students told me they appreciated the class and me participating in working in the garden and "getting my hands dirty," doing mission work!  With all the exercise I was really tired and by 9 could not keep my eyes open.  And I was really glad I had taken a walk to stretch after working in the garden so I wasn't too sore to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment