Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Next day's walk- a little bit for the bug people


The next day we walked- the same road from the church property where we all live to the center of Kalkfeld.  The children (William, Geraldo and Sharifa) decided to play king of the mountain, or the termite hill.  (I hope the signs they are making are peace- that is what they think they are and they see this stuff on TV with the music videos so I hope the musicians know how much influence they have on young children and their parent's too.)



Some guinea fowl tracks.

 A closer look at the termite hill which the children decided to open so I could see inside (even if I didn't want to).

And a closer look at a termite larva- which I could have lived without- on Geraldo's hand (why he got picked to be the one I am not sure as they were discussing it in Afrikaans).  William is holding his hand and the larva is just above Williams's thumb nail.  The larva is actually biting him.  Yuck.  I feel so educated but I wonder if there are some things I just don't need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment