Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out the front door

June 9, 2013
So I arrived, went to church on Sunday (didn't preach because I didn't have my work visa in hand yet), started unpacking and left it all to go outside.  Here are the pictures out the front door.  It is winter in the desert of Namibia.  The sun is very hot still but it is cold at night.  The trees are not leaf-less but they are dormant.  It rains in the late spring and summer (November to March).  It is dusty and brown but there are shades of colors, muted rainbow colors.  Of course the sky is crystal clear beautiful blue.

Across the "street."  Uncle Jan, Auntie Poppie and Vanessa live there with their little dogs too- Jessie (a jack russell mix who took a week to get to know me), Zoe (who gets picked on by the other two who pull her dachshund ears) and Dexter (the little white poodle terrier who follows me home to make sure I get there okay- long walk across the street you know).  In the middle foreground you can see the fence of my yard with the pruned tree.  The church is off to the far right (not in the picture).



One of the neighbors outside my fence who woke me early. I found out the whole herd walks by every morning.  The herd belongs to Om (Uncle) Garrett and he may just make them into biltong (beef jerky) if they give him any more headaches.  And he stores some extra feed in my yard so now I know why they like my place so much.
 Run right along you...


Out to the right from the front door toward the construction site for the United Congregational Church of Southern Africa, Namibia Synod Outdoor Ministry project.  You can just see a pile of gravel.  And beyond that (far left) is the next house down the "street".  



No comments:

Post a Comment