Saturday, July 20, 2013

A little constructive work

 Next day- update on the construction at the Outdoor Ministry site.  First they poured the foundation for the brick wall that will enclose and attach the bathrooms.  Originally they were to be inside the floor plan.  After seeing how things were coming they decided to add more space to the building.

The walls are going up up up!



Decided to do a little bit of constructive work myself.  My first laundry day in Kalkfeld- all hand washing.  Here is the wash cycle.


Here is the rinse cycle.  Mostly I got things clean.
 But I also got things very wet and made a bit of mud along the way.

But I used the rinse water to water the trees so that there wasn't too much waste.  There are 12 fruit trees in the yard- these are some of the smaller ones.  Can't remember what they all are- and it is winter so I cannot tell.  Oranges and nectarines for sure.

 And here is the drying cycle.

And I thought this was particularly important to show- this is where a seminary education takes you.

Anywhere in the world the Spirit calls!

I opened some suitcases and did some decorating from home- my mom's quilt.

Scarves from around the world.

Pictures of family and friends and items that make a home including my menorrah, God is Still Speaking communion set, and a clock mom gave me years ago which tells me what time it is all around the world.

The kitchen got some additions too- a table for a small "office" for my computer where I can construct sermons, blog posts, email, Sunday school and Bible study.

And I can sit and look out the side porch door as I work.

Here is a view of the side porch.

And a view of the outside laundry room where things dry in minutes!


And Sharifa came by to to help me fold socks.

And with all the constructive projects today, God's splendor was the best construction of all.  This is a view out the side porch at sunset and one very bright first star.


No comments:

Post a Comment