Friday, July 12, 2013

A Walk Around

June 11, 2013
Done with unpacking and settling I decided to take a walk around.  For those of you who have been wondering what Namibia, specifically Kalkveld looks like... here is my pictorial tour.
First we start with the most exciting new part of the community.  The Outdoor Ministry project.  It is next to the house I am living in.  The cows don't seem to mind the disruption of their watering and feed trough.  This is the front of the building and my house is to the right- quite a ways.

This is the back of the building and the pile of bricks that will be used up by the end of the week taking the building walls up to the top of the window frames.  The workers really put in a productive week!
Here is the master bricklayer sizing things up.
This is a view looking back toward my house.  The water tower on the left in the background is in the left side of my yard.
Looking toward the church from the front of the Outdoor Ministry building.








No comments:

Post a Comment