Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A New HOME!


June 8, 2013 
For those of you who have been following this blog my apologies for being gone so long.  When I got to Kalkveld I found the connection is a little  s   -l -  o -  w - e-  r - h-  e- r - e!  And between being busy settling in and being discouraged I couldn't just post my pictures and go, well I just got a lot behind.  But I am back and here are some initial pictures of my new home when I arrived.  They tiled the floors, painted the walls, brought in furniture and dishes, many many things I need.  Here is what it looked like when I arrived and I can't BELIEVE I failed to take pictures of the people.

Here is the bedroom- even the bed was made and ready!!  The big window looks out the front of the house.  The left wall is the living room wall.


The living room with a few of my scarves from around the world and pictures of family and my God is Still Speaking chalice and plate and my dancing people menorrah.  Behind the chair on the right is a window and behind the photographer is the front door and to the left is the wall shared with the bedroom.  Opposite the front door is the door to the hallway/kitchen.

The kitchen looking toward the two bedrooms and the living room.  Bathroom is behind wall straight ahead.  Second bedroom is next to the bathroom.

The kitchen with new two plate stove and oven and sink.

The kitchen from the living room with refrigerator.  The door leads out to a nice side porch.

And the all important badkamer- the only Afrikaans word I have for the rooms in the house (except huis).


Bright and welcoming colors, clean and plenty of space for visitors!  It looks a little different now (more lived in- more stuff and a lot more messy unfortunately.)  There is one bedroom I am not showing (right now there are boxes of books and mattresses for visitors).  There is another room outside the kitchen door to the right off the side porch.  I am hoping to turn it into an office/guest bedroom.  There is plenty of space so come and visit! Now that I have been here a month people are asking when my family and friends are coming to visit.  (and when you tell me you are coming that will spur me to get busy finishing up!)

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful! I am so relieved that you have such a nice place to live, and I like the floors and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Loletta,
    It is wonderful to now know where you really are and will be! I'm also tempted to say, What an adventure you are having! Even though I know that's not the perhaps expected response to a missionary, or your main purpose. Your house looks cosy indeed and what grand country you are living in, Also!
    I thought of you at General Synod (I was a delegate in our So. CA Nevada group) when the missionaries were introduced, and I'm so thankful you are out there representing us. THe church is so fortunate in you!
    Here at UCUC, we're lucky to have Jane Heckles as our interim minister, as you may have heard. Good things are happening. Love and blessings to you, Loletta! Sally and Andy Buffington

    ReplyDelete