Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Graduation Day! Part 1

I was invited to give the prayer at the Preschool Graduation in the location by the Principal, Armando.  The preschoolers started gathering for their graduation outside the Lutheran church where the vaccinations were going on.  They were being given bright green sashes with their names printed on as they arrived.


So I started taking pictures of them as well as the vaccinations.

They grouped themselves and then one of the mothers lined them up tall ones in the back.  And yes the two in plaid are twins and Warren and Walter and nobody can tell them apart even to the space between their front teeth!




As in all such things, we were a little delayed in starting waiting on parents to come.  The principal (Armando is on the back left with a sash.  The assistant teacher is on the right in blue.)  

So as the principal and teacher made final arrangements getting the certificates ready for the ceremony, I started singing with the children.  Luckily I was well rehearsed at the Kalkfeld Primary School with the two favorites, "The Wheels on the Bus" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."  

The children were very well behaved but singing kept me out of busy since I seem to get in trouble when I have to wait too long. :) This is when I decided my next vocation might be children's entertainer, specializing in the 0-5 year old crowd.  I am a hit with them, they find me to be either     1) absolutely hysterical of 2) fascinating like a new bug they found.  Either way, we have fun together!


The ceremony finally started with the children all lining up.

They were to say good morning and to give their names.  Some of them did very well, and others had stage fright as you might imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment