Wednesday, August 7, 2013

First Laundry Day


So today I did real laundry for the first time since I left the United States in January (washing things out every day in the bathroom sink or while you are showering and hanging them in the bathroom doesn't count.)  A whole bunch of laundry it turns out- or at least it felt that way!!.  I went out the front door thinking I would be near the bathtub for water.  Then realized I would be further from the line in the yard.  Oh well.  This was after all the first time.  Hauling water from the bathtub and washing by hand sitting on the step looking out at the beautiful day was an adventure. 



The wash cycle.


The rinse cycle.

 


 The dry cycle.

The tree that benefited from the water instead of sending it down the drain.  (It said THANK YOU!!  After all it is a drought here, and this is the dry winter season too!)


A benefit I didn't think of... the red mud cycle.  :)

And what/where do go with a 3 year $90,000 seminary education?  Namibia to do laundry!  :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment