Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A walk around the house

For those of you who wondered, that last post about doing laundry for the first time was actually  from June 13!

I opened some suitcases and got out some things from home to make home home.
My mom's quilt looks nice on the bed.



I put the scarves I have collected and prayer shawl on the chairs and couch to add some color- one made by my friend Naz, one from Hawaii, one bought in Cleveland with my sisters-of-the-traveling- scarves, Judy and Loren, the prayer shawl I received from the San Bernardino church when I was laid off by the Conference, one from my grandmother, one from Palestine and one from my Aunt Georgia

Things for my home altar- a dancing people menorrah, Krishna prayer beads from when I visited my friend Ramborhu's ashram, a rosary, a scarf from Spain, my God is Still Speaking chalice and plate and candle from Gail, pictures of some of my favorite people, the travel clock my mom gave me with all the time zones, a Japanese fan and a fan given to me by a woman in Garamatale when I preached there and she saw me sweating it out!  Below are my UCC Book of Worship and the UCCSA hymnal and mission statement book.

The kitchen with a table added for a temporary desk until I can get an office set up.

The view from the desk is pretty nice!

Right out the door is a nice place to plant a garden don't you think?  You can see Auntie Lokkie's house in the distance.

And here is the front yard out the side door - can't wait for the summer when everything is full and the trees will give nice shade.

Looking from the front trees to the back side yard.

And here is the side porch.  Looking in to the kitchen you can see the yellow table cloth on the desk.  I am still working on the guest room and the office but stay tuned...  For those of you following these picx,  sorry it is taking so long!  It took literally two hours today to down load the two blogs I posted.  The internet connection was very slow today.

No comments:

Post a Comment