Monday, June 24, 2013

My Visa Came Through!

June 3, 2013
Well, my South Africa AND my Namibia visas came through on the same day, May 23.  When it rains it pours... visas!  I had applied for the former, in case the latter wasn't forthcoming.  I was so surprised to get them both.  I received a 3 year volunteer visa for SA and a two year work visa for Namibia.

I met with the UCCSA General Secretary, incoming UCCSA President (from Namibia) and the Namibia Synod Secretary and sorted out the last details on May 31.  So I am off to Namibia!

Here I am with Fatima and Nadiem at the Sooffah Guesthouse, so hard to say goodbye to such wonderful friends.  They gave me an entire hamper of food!  (peanut butter and jelly, coffee and other such necessities of life!)  It is not goodbye but so long for now!


One last look at the Johannesburg airport terminal.

 Landing in Windhoek, Namibia- a view from the stairs of the plane- no jetport.  (No idea whose back I got.)  It is very flat here but there ARE mountain ranges in Namibia.
Walking to the terminal.


The terminal building in Windhoek.  Got in trouble with security for taking pictures, so no pictures inside.  Stood in the passport control line waiting for a tourist permit for the last time.  Next time I will have my work visa!

1 comment:

  1. So the adventure continues! Now it appears you are down to the nuts and bolts of why you went to So Africa! I am sorry I haven't been a better correspondent...but we get new chances every day. This is mine!

    Thinking of you all the time! Blessings on your journey!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete